Friday, July 15, 2011

Choix Creperie Cafe

Choix Creperie Cafe
Shop G22, Liberty Lane, 620 Collins St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9629 1883

P and I were finally going to try the crepe cafe at the laneway next to our building - I had wanted to try it after I went to City Blue Fish last time. This cafe was always packed with a line of people waiting outside during lunch times. We went at 1pm on a Thursday and sure enough, there was a line of people waiting. We decided to take away our crepes back home so we wouldn't need to wait for a table.



The menu is not super extensive, but I saw the couple at the table outside had both ordered something that looked like bolognaise and decided I had to order that too. It was The Luca - bolognaise and mozarella for $9.90. P got The Parma - almond crusted chicken breast, napoli sauce, ham and mozzarella $11.50


Crepes look so easy to make! If only I had the crepe pan and the crepe stick... lol =P

The Luca

After taking it home, it had gone a bit soft so not as crunchy as it would have been if we ate it there. But it was very delicious - the crepe was so thin and crispy on the edges.


The toppings go very well as a crepe - I've always had sweet crepes so I thought savoury ones were a little strange but the bolognaise sauce goes very well with the crepe, with the melted mozzarella sticking the crepe together.. mmm! Reminds me of lasagne... my favourite! <3

The Parma

Don't know why he folded my Luca into a triangle but the Parma like a burrito. The crepe was more crunchy here 'cause there's not as much sauce. But I think I liked my Luca better - the chicken bits were cut up already but you have to cut it smaller into bite size pieces to fit a bit of everything in a bite. And I like mine better with more sauce and cheese - but that's 'cause I'm a sucker for lasagne =P


They gave a lot of toppings surprisingly! If only they put more napoli sauce on it... but I guess that would make the chicken parma soft... ah well!

Can't wait to go back to try the other crepes - maybe a sweet one next time!

9/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment