Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Booth

The Booth
612 Station St, Boxhill
(Ph) 9899 7666

On Sunday P randomly said he wanted chinese herbal soup so we decided to go to Boxhill to buy ingredients 'cause the asian shops at the city don't have the stuff we want (they're really crap with such limited selection of asian vegetables!) So we trained there from the city - took like 30mins! Got there and the the shop we were looking for had closed for the day already! Boo =(

We walked around and bought some asian vegetables and decided to meet T and her boyfriend, R,  there for dinner. They suggested going to The Booth since R's Taiwanese and he said this place had quite genuine Taiwanese food.

P ordered the beef noodles - he never wants to try anything new!

Beef noodles

But he didn't like it very much because it came with beef brisket (he doesn't like it =P) and he said the noodles were not that special even though R said they were a Taiwanese specialty!

I wasn't very hungry so I ordered 2 entrees.

Special fried drumlets

I actually was craving KFC the day before so I was dying for some fried chicken! This was very yummy and very greasy =P The drumlets were butterflied and deep fried it in some special seasoning - delicious!

The Pork Belly Bun was famous as I could see from the magazine articles stuck on the wall =P

Pork Belly Bun

This was very interesting! The bun was like a mantou and the pork belly was so soft and tasty with peanut shavings and coriander. I normally don't like anything with coriander in it but this was so delicious I didn't mind the coriander! I've been to Taiwan before and had street food but I don't remember having anything like this. Definitely worth going back for =)

All this was only for $20 - I was happy and my wallet was happy =)

7.5/10

C.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Hey C!

    Great blog! :)

    The pork belly bun looks nice. I've heard of it before I think. Was it greasy? I know the Macau pork chop bun is horrendously greasy.. :S If it's not, I might just go all the way to BH to try it. Haha.

    Keep posting all the yummy food up! ;)

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey L!

    Thanks for commenting! You're the first one! :)

    No it's not horrendously greasy... it's not deep fried but yes, it is a bit fatty just 'cause it's pork belly... definitely worth trying but I wouldn't say go "all the way to BH" for it though haha :P

    C.
    xo

    ReplyDelete